Monday, August 20, 2012

So it begins!

Great news - despite missing a connecting flight in Denver (COMPLETELY my fault; I have no excuse except sleep deprivation), I still arrived in Colorado Springs at 5:30pm today for orientation (just in time for dinner! :) ).

This week will be super busy (and super awesome), so I probably won't be able to blog/email/text/call very much (if at all). Please know that I still love you (yes, you! I know who you are... ;) ) and look forward to sharing updates as I can. As a consolation, you can look at the schedule below if you're curious what I'll be doing at any given time.

Note that all of the times are in Mountain Time. If you want to convert to your time zone, World Time Buddy is an excellent website (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?lid=5419384,1261481,4574324,4597200&h=5419384, or simply http://www.worldtimebuddy.com for general reference).

All of us EMI fall interns are staying in a place called The Hideaway (http://www.hideawayreservations.com/map.html) - it's neat, and I've enjoyed getting to meet some of the EMI staff and other interns. Today I met Stafford (we met in the Charlotte airport!), Andy, Carl, Matt & Cheri, Julieta, Benjamin, "Dangerous" Dave, Grace, Meredith, and a handful of other people whose names I can't remember. A very neat group of people so far!

Summary for the day: Hooray EMI! Hooray Jesus! Hooray bed!!! :) :) :)

Hugs from Colorado Springs,
David

P.S. - I graduated the other day (Aug 10). I now have a masters degree. Inconceivable! :)


From EMI blog photos

2 comments:

  1. David,
    Sleep well,
    have a safe trip in india!
    Ismail

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    We are so excited about this opportunity for you. Can't wait to hear all that the Lord is doing with your team and the people you are serving. We are enjoying your blog and praying for you faithfully. Enjoy your time in India. Paul and Suzanne

    ReplyDelete